- The Government has announced “Andhra Pradesh Solar Power Policy – 2012” vide G.O.
Ms. No.39 dated 26.09.2012 and amendment G.O.Ms No.44 dated 16.11.2012 of Energy
(RES-A1) Department to encourage generation of solar power in the State by various
means viz; captive use, third party sale and sale to DISCOMs at average pooled purchase
cost. The following are the incentives announced under the policy for promotion
of Solar Power projects:
- Exemption of wheeling and transmission charges, cross subsidy charges, electricity
duty in case of captive use / third party sale.
- VAT for all inputs required for Solar Power projects will be refunded by Commercial
- Refund of stamp duty and registration charges for purchase of land for setting up
of Solar Power projects.
- Government is also contemplating to promote 1000 MW capacity Solar Power projects
in the first phase in a decentralized manner nearer to the sub stations. The power
will be purchased by the DISCOMs and tariff will be decided based on the bidding