Andhra Pradesh Solar Power Policy – 2012
- The Government has announced “Andhra Pradesh Solar Power Policy – 2012” vide G.O.
Ms. No.39 dated 26.09.2012 and amendment G.O.Ms No.44 dated 16.11.2012 of Energy
(RES-A1) Department to encourage generation of solar power in the State by various
means viz; captive use, third party sale and sale to DISCOMs at average pooled purchase
cost. The following are the incentives announced under the policy for promotion
of Solar Power projects:
- Exemption of wheeling and transmission charges, cross subsidy charges, electricity
duty in case of captive use / third party sale.
- VAT for all inputs required for Solar Power projects will be refunded by Commercial
- Refund of stamp duty and registration charges for purchase of land for setting up
of Solar Power projects.
- Government is also contemplating to promote 1000 MW capacity Solar Power projects
in the first phase in a decentralized manner nearer to the sub stations. The power
will be purchased by the DISCOMs and tariff will be decided based on the bidding
Amendment to AP Solar power policy
Procedure for Filing of Application to Set up Solar
Power Project Under A.P. Solar Power Policy 2012
ANDHRA PRADESH SOLAR
POWER POLICY 2012